Prophecy Update Newsletter
IN TODAY'S NEWSLETTER...
Could Emmanuel Macron be the Antichrist? - Joel -
According to Scripture, the greatest political leader in history - the man of lawlessness (a.k.a. the Antichrist) - will arise from Europe to seek world domination and deceive countless people near the time of Christ's return.
Somewhere at this very moment on Planet Earth, the Antichrist is almost certainly alive, and there is much speculation about the identity of this Antichrist. Among the speculation, some of the more popular Antichrist candidates include: Barack Obama, Donald Trump, Jared Kushner and Pope Francis.
Yet, out of all the Antichrist candidates who have come and gone, Emmanuel Macron, who became President of France on the 14th of May, 2017, has generated more end-time buzz than any other world leader that I know! This is because Macron seems to fit the exact characteristics of the Antichrist in so many ways...
1. The Antichrist will rise suddenly from obscurity (Daniel 7:8; 8:9). Many news reports speak of Macron's meteoric rise from obscurity, appearing out of nowhere! A year before the French election, Macron had no political party and no previous electoral experience. Two years before, he was a virtual nobody. See: Who's behind the mysterious rise of Emmanuel Macron?
Further still, France has been in chaos from all the terrorist attacks and the far-right Front National candidate, Marine Le Pen, seemed the only answer to the madness. And yet, Emmanuel Macron won a landslide victory over Marine Le Pen in the French election. At age 39, he is the youngest President France has ever had, and not since 1958 and Charles de Gaulle has a French President ever won such a powerful majority, taking 351 out of 577 seats! Macron's rise has been nothing short of meteoric. It is in fact unprecedented.
2. The number 666 will be related to the Antichrist and is possible to be computed (Revelation 13:18). According to Dr. E.W. Bullinger, "when the name of the Antichrist is known its gematria will doubtless be found to be the number 666". There are 36 (6 x 6) total characters in Macron's name (32 letters, 1 dash, 3 spaces). If you give each character a value of it's position and calculate the sum, you get 666 (1+2+3+...+36 = 666).
Furthermore, Macron won the French presidency by 66.06% of the vote and assumed office on May 14, 2017 (Israel's 69th anniversary as a reborn nation, what a coincidence!).
3. The Antichrist will claim to be God and is worshiped (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4). Macron has already claimed he will "Rule like the Roman god Jupiter," in homage to the highest pagan god in the Roman and Greek pantheons, the king of all the gods in ancient roman religions (see here). In open reference to this, Macron's own nickname in France now is "Jupiter". Other names given to him include: "Jesus Macron", "Europe's Savior" and "the new Louis XIV" (or the "Sun King" reborn).
Macron seems to adore the attention, even (jestingly) allowing people to draw attention to the origin of his own name "Emmanuel," which of course means in Hebrew "God is with us." In fact, all parts of his name call him some sort of God or Jesus, except his last name meaning: "a written or printed mark..."!
This is the meaning of his full name:
Emmanuel Jean-Michel Frédéric Macron
Emmanuel - God with us
Jean - gift from God
Michel - who is like God?
Frédéric - peaceful ruler (Prince of Peace is the title for Jesus Christ)
Macron - a written or printed mark (The Antichrist is known to require people to take his mark in order to be able to buy or sell in the Bible, known as the mark of the beast - Rev 13:16-17)
Coincidently, he was born on 21 December 1977, which is the Winter Solstice or the shortest day of the year. The reason December 24 and December 25 were picked for Jesus' birthday is because those were considered to be the Winter Solstice, or the shortest day of the year...
Technically being born on Christmas, and with the name of "Emmanuel", Macron could falsely claim that he is the fulfillment of the prophecy given in Isaiah 7:14:
"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."
4. The Antichrist will be a prince (Daniel 7:8; 9:26). Unlike most European and western leaders, Macron is technically a prince, becoming co-prince of Andorra, a small principality located between France and Spain, at the same time he assumed office! The remaining royalty in western and northern Europe have little or no power and are essentially just figureheads, but this particular royal has rocketed to power since he also holds the highest executive office in the country. Because of his party's sweep of legislative elections, some articles are even calling him a monarch who can rule by decree.
5. The Antichrist will be of Roman descent, rising out of the revived Roman Empire (the European Union) (Daniel 9:26). Macron is a citizen of Europe with Roman ancestry through both sides of his family, and his country, France, is part of the revived Roman Empire (EU). Macron is working on uniting Europe which would be a return of this power, and is currently leader of one of the two most powerful countries in the EU.
6. The Antichrist will be a sexual pervert and show no regard "for the desire of women" (Daniel 11:37). Strangely, young Emmanuel Macron (at age 15) fell in love with Brigitte Trogneux, a married teacher at his school, who at the time was 39! Despite her initial rejection of him and the fact that she was already a married mother-of-three, Macron did as he pleased and began an affair with Trogneux as a teenage boy nevertheless.
Emmanuel Macron and his wife, Brigitte Trogneux, who's 24 years older
The desire of women is to have a family and children. Macron said he doesn't want kids of his own. There are also rumors he's homosexual and has had affairs with a few men.
Macron appears topless on cover of gay magazine
7. I expect the Antichrist to be an extremely charismatic leader, who is seemingly friendly and charming when he deceives people. Macron is young, good looking and charming, according to many articles. Haaretz News had this to say about Macron:
"When he takes the stage at rallies, you can feel Emmanuel Macron's messianic dimensions - the audience's near-sexual ecstasy, his followers' blind faith, his speech writers' evangelical messages. People yearn to get a picture with him, speak with him, touch him."
Macron's friend describes how the president is a "grand séducteur," a man who uses his prodigious gifts to get whatever he wants. Macron, he explains, is a polymath, a person who is able to acquire significant expertise in a variety of different subjects to quickly become an expert in them, and that he uses this ability to ingratiate himself with others.
The Financial Times, quoting a source who has known Macron well for years, detailed how, "...he seduces everyone. And then he kills." The FT source says Macron is always charming, especially with enemies and those hostile to him. During the election, for example, Macron took particular pleasure in always trying to meet his opponents, even the most hostile, face to face. He did this, so the source says, because he was and is so confident of his own charm, and in his ability to "win people over."
8. I expect the Antichrist to be a clever psychopath who is ruthless towards others behind the scenes (Daniel 8:23). Macron's leadership style is beginning to emerge, and it IS ruthless. For instance, President Francois Hollande made Macron a government minister, until Macron abandoned Hollande and ultimately took his job. Another instance was when Macron purged three well-established and senior ministers in the first few days of his administration. Macron has wasted no time in also lecturing, and greatly offending eastern and central European leaders on what he perceives as their collective failure to accept adequate amounts of refugees from the Middle East into their nations.
Macron has told French politicians, from both left and right, they'll have to play by his rules if they want to be in his camp (See: Macron lays down law to big beasts of French politics). Back in June, the whole world witnessed France's president publicly humiliating a teenager for calling him 'Manu' (see here). French president Emmanuel Macron, contrary to his public image, Sophie Pedder, says, ".... can be very ruthless when he wants to be."
Macron's consistently scornful approach to the normal rules and boundaries of life has led leading European psychiatrist Adriano Sagatori, who has studied Macron extensively, to actually declare him as a potential psychopath (source).
9. The Antichrist will be a globalist (Rev 13:7), beginning his rise to prominence as a person who addresses some of the world's major problems through diplomacy. He will appear to be the savior of the world (Rev 13:4). Emmanuel Macron is the darling of globalism, he is its very embodiment. Macron is such a globalist that he has stated that "the French culture does not exist." One prime example of Macron addressing wold problems is his role of leadership in the "Climate Change" global farce. Interestingly, Climate Change, formerly known as "Global Warming" has always been considered the vehicle by which the Globalists will dominate and control the world's economies.
Macron has already been successful in France, representing all that is wrong in Europe: Socialism, no borders, immigration madness, Islam exaltation, and Godlessness. In France, Macron is already being called "Jesus Macron", Europe's Savior and "Sun King" reborn. Last year, the Rothschild magazine portrayed Macron in a Christ-like walking-on-water photo with the headline "Europe's Saviour?":
10. The Antichrist will be the most arrogant person of all time (Daniel 11:36; 8:25) since he will have the audacity to claim that he is God and will demand the world to worship him (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4). Macron's claim that he will "Rule like the Roman god Jupiter," is in effect a statement that he wants to rule "above every god" (Dan 11:36).
Macron has been criticized for taking an arrogant approach, such as when he didn't conduct the traditional French presidents' Bastille Day TV interview because his thoughts are "too complex" for such a forum. Leading European psychiatrist Adriano Sagatori states, "Like all psychopaths, he believes in his higher purpose. Macron does not love France and will not fight for the French people." Sagatori continued, "Macron loves only himself...The paradox is that he appears normal, but we have a case of full-blown narcissism."
By the way, this impression of Macron is not an isolated one, it seems to be echoed by many other people, especially those close to him. Even Emmanuel Macron's wife 'thinks he is arrogant'!
11. The ultimate source of the Antichrist's power is Satan (Revelation 13:2), and Satan has [some] supernatural abilities (John 12:31; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 2:2). Thus, I expect the Antichrist to possess some unusual or unique traits. A reporter followed Macron for a week and noticed some unique traits he displayed, documenting them in this article. These include not breaking in sweltering heat, possessing relentless energy (which he is renowned for), being able to look at someone and convince them to trust him with his "penetrating blue eyes", being able to recite perfect Greek, and playing both sides in a bid for a newspaper.
Macron's former classmates reckon "he was not like the others". As a teenager and young adult, Macron was always hanging around older people - having dinners with his teachers, avoiding the advances of girls his own age (no regard "for the desire of women" - Dan 11:37), according to his former classmates.
12. The Antichrist will rule a ten-nation confederacy which will rise out of a revived Roman Empire (the European Union) (Daniel 2:31-35; 40-45; 7:7-8; 19-24; Revelation 13:1-2; 17:3; 7; 12-16). Interestingly, Macron's been pushing to bring together a core 10-nation "Coalition of the Willing" EU Army to prepare European armed forces to take action together in emergencies, and to bind Britain into military cooperation as it leaves the EU. Just this week, a coalition of ten European militaries ready to defend the continent's borders has been unveiled in Paris, just days after Emmanuel Macron called for a "real European army". See: Macron unveils European defence coalition
13. I expect the Antichrist to be fluent in at least a few widely-spoken languages, including the English language. Macron does indeed speak English fluently and has even given a number of interviews in English with the British media. It is often joked that Macron speaks better English than Americans, including their president, Donald Trump!
I do find it interesting that Macron consistently speaks the most common language of the day. A vast number of Europeans speak (or at least understand) English as a second language. Thus, is it any surprise that Macron would abandon use of his native tongue in favor of a common language? Here's a video of Macron speaking fluent English in an interview:
Macron also speaks German (and who knows what else).
14. The Antichrist is going to make, and sign, a seven-year peace treaty with Israel (Daniel 9:27). Interestingly, even Macron has wanted to offer Israel "Safety and Security" as he attempts to do what no one to date has been able to do: To bring peace between Israel and the PA. Macron is interested in being a significant factor in the attempts to renew talks between Israel and the PA, and the French are already working on their own peace plan (see here)!
Apparently, if US President Donald Trump does not present his Israeli-Palestinian peace plan next month, Macron will issue a proposal of his own! See: Macron to unveil peace plan soon if Trump doesn't
Macron calls for renewed Israeli-Palestinian peace talks
15. The Antichrist will be smart economically, controlling the world's economy (Revelation 13:16-17). Also, some think the Antichrist will be a Rothschild or one of their puppets - a must for all Antichrists with their love of global financial domination. Macron is very smart economically having worked for the Rothschilds banking corporation! In 2008, Macron became an investment banker with Rothschild, and surprisingly, was promoted from an entry level position with the Rothschild banking system to a partner after just two years. In just one meeting, Macron convinced the Rothschild banker to make him a partner within 3 hours of talking to him, which the banker said was unprecedented. He made a 10 billion dollar deal there, earning his nickname, "the Mozart of Finance," and has a net worth of already $32 million despite saying he's not a millionaire in his presidential run documentary.
In 2012, Macron left Rothschild to become deputy secretary-general at the Elysée for two years, then was quickly promoted to Minister of Economy and Finance. Ex-minister and senior civil servant Jean-Pierre Jouyet, told Macron at the time he took the job as economy minister: "You're the boss now." Macron was indeed a financial genius.
16. The Antichrist is also a politician (Revelation 17:11-12). Macron's now arguably the most important political leader in Europe today, aside from Angela Merkel. After creating his own party En Marche (named with his own initials), then winning 350 out of 577 seats in the French parliament, all within one year of its creation, and now exploring creating his own party for the European Union and even his own political school - Macron's considered a political genius!
17. The Antichrist will change times and the law (Daniel 7:25). Ever since Macron took office, he's been completely changing many labor laws in France, which have caused multiple violent protests, and wants to change Sunday work times.
18. The Antichrist eventually forms his one-world religion (Revelation 17; 18). There is a strong case for this one-world religion being the Roman Catholic Church (see here). If this is the case, I expect the Antichrist to have some sort of link with Catholicism. Interestingly, Emmanuel Macron was born to non-religious, liberal parents but decided he wanted to be baptized a Catholic, at the age of 12, despite his parents' misgivings. He then received a Jesuit education until his last year of high school.
In June, Macron visited the pope at the Vatican (headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church) and was granted an unusually long meeting behind closed doors with Pope Francis (his longest meeting with a head of state) in which they discussed migration issues, conflict in the Middle East and the future unity of Europe.
Secular France has a strict separation between church and state, enshrined in law in 1905. Yet, in a speech to Catholics this year, Macron said he wanted to "repair the bond" between church and state.
Pope Francis meets with French President Emmanuel Macron at the Apostolic Palace on June 26, 2018 in Vatican City, Vatican.
19. The Antichrist has no regard for "any god" (Daniel 11:37), but "shall honor the god of fortresses" (Daniel 11:38). Being a secular lapsed Catholic, Macron gives no regard to any god (Dan 11:37). Interestingly though, the title "god of fortresses" belongs to none other than the Roman god Jupiter whose Greek equivalent is Zeus (source)! Macron's already claimed he will "Rule like the Roman god Jupiter"! See: Macron Declares He Will Govern Like a Roman God
20. The ultimate source of the Antichrist's power is Satan (Revelation 13:2), so I expect the Antichrist to be surrounded by demonic symbolism. The demonic symbolism around Macron is very troubling:
Macron walked out to the European Union national anthem "Ode to Joy", a song about Jesus (in which the lyrics, unknowingly, are actually about the entering of the shrine of a pagan goddess and the uniting of all men in brotherhood, by the power of magic), instead of the French national anthem when he made his presidential victory speech.
The symbol of a pyramid and all-seeing eye has long been associated with evil groups such as the Illuminati and the Free Masons, who have wanted to destroy the evangelical church and to have Satan worshiped instead. Macron celebrated his victory at the Louvre museum right in front of the glass pyramid composed of 666 pieces, with what looks like lit up eyes watching over him from the top. To top the night off, he held up his arm in a V shape that with the pyramid behind him made Masonic crest. See picture below.
Macron has given another speech on a stage shaped like the Masonic unfinished pyramid, as well as a stage that was lit up in the shape of a cross. In his debate with Marine Le Pen, Macron flashed the 666 hand signal many times, even on both hands at the same time. On other occasions, Macron has held up the satanic horned hand symbol.
There was even a photo of Emmanuel Macron having "horns" on his head on Time Magazine's cover (see it here). Was this deliberate? I don't know.
Could Macron be the Antichrist?
The Bible makes clear that the man of lawlessness (a.k.a. the Antichrist) will not be revealed until the Restrainer (Holy Spirit-indwelt Church) is removed (2 Thessalonians 2:3; 7-8). So no one will know for sure who the Antichrist is until the rapture occurs. That being said, we can speculate, and it certainly looks like a possibility (especially given the shortness of time).
While I am not willing to state that he is THE Antichrist, Macron certainly seems to be a prototype. Thus, the point of this article is not to identify who the Antichrist is, but to warn those here for tribulation. Also, whether Macron is the Antichrist or not, it is a guarantee that Macron will rise to a prominent position in European leadership. Amir Tsarfati says of Macron:
"I believe that in Emmanuel Macron's case I can very clearly say that we are watching a young, West European leader who was groomed by the 'one world order' gang for this powerful position. I am not talking about grooming him to be the Antichrist, but definitely toward leadership of Europe."
As Christians, we won't be here when the Antichrist is revealed, so we don't need to know who he is! But we DO need to know and understand the season in which we live. Jesus is coming...are you ready?
Iran Opens a War Against Israel from Gaza - Caroline Glick -
A Kornet anti-tank missile hit a civilian bus transporting Israeli soldiers adjacent to Israel's border with Gaza at 4:30 in the afternoon on Monday.
According to the bus driver, 50 Israeli soldiers had alighted the bus just moments before it was hit by the missile. The missile struck while the bus was moving slowly towards a parking lot. One soldier, who was standing next to the bus, was critically wounded in the blast.
Immediately after the missile strike against the bus, Hamas and its partner, Islamic Jihad, initiated the largest bombardment of Israel they had ever undertaken from Gaza. By late Tuesday morning, the two terror groups had fired more than 400 projectiles into Israel. Fifty Israelis were wounded in the onslaught. One person was killed when a mortar hit an apartment building in Ashkelon. Hundreds of mortars and rockets and missiles were intercepted by Israel's Iron Dome anti-missile batteries. And the government announced it was rushing more Iron Dome batteries to the area.
In the hours following the joint Hamas-Islamic Jihad assault, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman (who stepped down Wednesday) ordered the Israel Air Force (IAF) to carry out a large-scale air assault against Hamas command posts and other facilities in the Gaza Strip.
In a media briefing, a senior Air Force commander said the IAF strikes since Monday night have been the most far-reaching raids Israel has ever conducted in Gaza. More than a hundred targets were hit in under two hours, he said.
Israel's Security Cabinet, which is authorized to order the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) to open large-scale operations, including war, convened on Tuesday morning. Its final decision was to walk back the conflict and agree to a ceasefire, with no terms.
The cabinet's decision was met with fury by residents of the south. They came out in droves, blocked a major highway leading to the embattled border town of Sderot, and set fire to tires while attacking the government for opting not to go to war against Hamas.
Defense Minister Liberman held a press conference Wednesday afternoon announcing his resignation in protest against the decision to walk away from the conflict.
Netanyahu, for his part, defended the government's decision in a speech on Wednesday morning. With Liberman's resignation imminent, Netanyahu said that he was acting on information about Israel's enemies that he cannot share with the public. And he insisted that Israel would take action to defeat them at a time and in a manner of its choosing.
What might he have been talking about?
In all likelihood, he was talking about Iran.
To understand the role Iran is playing in Gaza, it is important to take a close look at the missile strike against the bus on Monday.
Hamas terrorists in Gaza filmed the blast. According to Israel's Hadashot news network's veteran Arab affairs commentator, Ehud Ya'ari, the footage of the blast was first broadcast on Iranian television in Lebanon and only later rebroadcast on Palestinian television.
This is highly significant. The initial Iranian broadcast indicates that Hamas and Islamic Jihad are not independent actors in their aggression against Israel. Rather, they are Iranian proxies. They receive their orders from Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps and Iran's Lebanese army, Hezbollah. And they report to their Iranian and Lebanese commanders.
When Hamas and Islamic Jihad go to war against Israel from Gaza, they do so not merely because they have become convinced that Israel will go to great lengths to avoid a major military operation against Gaza that would require the IDF to deploy large numbers of military forces and assets to Gaza. (Although surely their awareness of Israel's deep-seated desire to avoid another major war with Hamas-Islamic Jihad in Gaza empowers them to attack.)
And they shower Israel with missiles, rockets, and mortars merely because by agreeing to enable Qatar to transfer cash and fuel to Gaza to keep the Hamas regime afloat to secure a ceasefire, Israel showed Hamas that it can be extorted. (Although the knowledge that Israel is willing to be extorted to avoid war certainly also played into the Hamas-Islamic Jihad's decision to attack Israel.)
The main reason Hamas and Islamic Jihad attacked Israel is because Iran told them to do so.
So when Israel decides not to take the bait but rather accepts a humiliating and - in an election year - politically costly ceasefire, we have to think about the relative balance of power today between Israel and Iran.
Outside of Lebanon, which Iran effectively controls through Hezbollah, Iran's chief area of operations in Israel's neighborhood is Syria, where Iran has been going from strength to strength. With each passing day, the Russian- and Iranian-Hezbollah-controlled regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad reasserts and reinforces its control over much of Syrian territory. As it does so, the threat of a major war that will pit Israel against Hezbollah forces in Lebanon, and against Hezbollah, Iranian, and Syrian forces operating under Russian protection in Syria, rises.
Gaza plays a role here, as it has in the past, because if Israel is sucked into deploying large numbers of forces to Gaza to fight Hamas, it will leave its Northern Front vulnerable. That is precisely what happened in the summer of 2006.
One of the most forgotten aspects of Israel's 2006 war against Hezbollah in Lebanon is that it began in Gaza. Two weeks before Hezbollah opened hostilities against Israel by attacking a military patrol along the border, killing eight IDF reserve soldiers and stealing the bodies of two of the dead, Hamas carried out a similar operation in southern Israel.
On June 25, 2006, a combined force of terrorists from Hamas and the Palestine Liberation Organization's (PLO) Fatah faction entered Israel from Gaza through an underground tunnel. They reached an IDF position along the border and attacked a sleeping tank crew. Two soldiers were killed, and three were wounded. One of the wounded, Cpl. Gilad Shalit, was captured and taken to Gaza.
Following the cross-border attack, Hamas and its terrorist allies carried out a large-scale bombardment of Israel with mortar and rocket fire.
Israel deployed a large number of ground and air forces to Gaza. So when Hezbollah attacked two-and-a-half weeks later, Israel was far more vulnerable than it would otherwise have been.
There are two main reasons that the prospect of war between Israel and Iran-Hezbollah in Lebanon and Syria has grown. First, Iran is interested in fighting before U.S. sanctions drive it into bankruptcy. And second, Russia's recent turn towards Iran and Hezbollah and away from Israel has emboldened Tehran.
Until September 17, Russian President Vladimir Putin was sitting on the fence, with everything concerning Russian relations with Israel on the one hand, and Russian relations with Iran-Hezbollah on the other hand. Until September 17, Putin was interested in preventing an Iranian war against Israel even as he enabled Iran to assert control over Syrian through Hezbollah and the Assad regime. To thatw end, while fighting with Iran to secure Assad's continued hold on power, he agreed to a coordination mechanism with Israel that enabled Israel to attack Iranian targets in Syria that directly threatened Israel. According to the Israeli government, in the 12 months preceding September 17, Israel carried out more than 200 airstrikes - or more than 4 strikes a week - against Iranian targets in Syria.
On September 17, Russia abruptly changed its posture. That day, Syrian forces manning an S-200 surface to air missile battery in Damascus accidentally downed a Russian spy plane.
Rather than blame the incompetent Syrian forces that indiscriminately shot off missiles that downed their plane, the Russians blamed Israel, which had completed a strike in Syria 15 minutes before the Russian jet was downed.
Russia's seemingly irrational assault on Israel, blaming it for an action undertaken by Syria, was a calculated move. By attacking Israel, Russia was able to use the episode as a means to end its tactical cooperation with Israel in Syria and swing entirely to Iran's side.
Russia moved rapidly to complete its pivot to Iran.
Right after the Syrians shot down the Russian plane, the Russian Defense Ministry announced that it was deploying the more advanced S-300 surface to air missile system in Damascus. Barely a week later, the S-300 landed at Russia's Khmeimim air base in Syria and was quickly assembled and deployed.
According to media reports, Israel has severely constrained its air activities in Syria since Russia delivered the S-300 battery. In the meantime, Iran has continued and stepped up its missile shipments to Hezbollah through the Damascus airport.
Last week, Israel carried out a major air exercise with the Greek air force. According to Israeli media reports, the purpose of the exercise was to train pilots to operate in the presence of an S-300 battery. Greece fields an S-300 system.
Since September 17, Netanyahu has tried on multiple occasions to meet with Putin, only to be rebuffed. Netanyahu met with Putin briefly in Paris over the weekend. The Israeli media reported that their brief exchange provoked Netanyahu to brief his cabinet that "the crisis with Putin is far worse than we thought."
President Donald Trump was scheduled to meet with Putin in Paris. But shortly before Trump left for Paris, the meeting was postponed until November 30.
Given the inflamed situation in the north, Russia's betrayal and Iran's clear interest in provoking a two-front war, Netanyahu's rationale for accepting the politically damaging and humiliating ceasefire with Hamas becomes clear. The main reason that Israel has gone to such great lengths to avoid a major conflict with Hamas is because it is mainly concerned with Hezbollah and Iran in the north. The IDF and the government have no interest in deploying thousands of troops to Gaza, where they will be unavailable to fight in the north when they are needed.
Presumably, Netanyahu is hoping that Trump will succeed where he has apparently failed in weakening Russia's sudden determination to stand with Iran against Israel. Presumably he is hoping to delay major action against Hamas-Hezbollah-Iran until circumstances are less propitious for Iran both economically and militarily.
But as the missile attack on the bus, and Hamas's unprecedented, ferocious rocket assault on southern Israel showed, the longer Israel waits to strike its enemies, the more powerful they become. So the longer Israel delays action, the more difficult it will be for it to defeat its enemies in a strategically significant way.
And as Lieberman's resignation and the protests against the government from the beleaguered and infuriated residents of southern Israel demonstrate, the political price of delaying the inevitable may become prohibitive for Netanyahu and his political partners in his coalition government.
News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries - Hal Lindsey - www.hallindsey.com
Is it just me or does it seem the mid-term elections will never end? It feels like the victories are being stolen from the victors -- in slow motion and plain sight.
With all the shenanigans being thrust upon us by those who lost yet another election, it's extremely easy to get cynical, even angry.
Especially at frustrating and discouraging times like these, it's important to take some time to pause and reflect on God's blessings in our lives. Not just for our benefit, but for His, too. I believe that few things move God's heart like our genuine gratitude to Him for all He has done for us.
Not only should we reflect on God's goodness in our own lives, but we should tell our children and others about all He has done.
Most importantly, though, tell Him. Express to God your feelings and how much you treasure everything He has done -- and does daily -- for you. You may just be surprised by how much happier your holiday will be!
We all receive the benefits of God's goodness daily, but do we deserve it? In fact, are human beings basically good, evil, or something in-between?
The Bible has a great deal to say about this. If you want to understand yourself and your fellow human beings; if you want to understand your children or your parents; if you want to understand history, politics, literature, psychology, or even rock and roll, you need to know what the Bible says about humanity's glorious origin and its present sorry state.
And you need to understand our "one hope."
The story begins, as you might expect, with Creation.
This week, I'm going to discuss again "The Great Schism."
Jesus Christ became a man and gave His life to span the chasm, the abyss created by The Great Schism. He is our only bridge to salvation and eternal happiness.
Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com . Check your local listings.
And have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
Watchman Warning: As the Earth Burns - By Hal Lindsey -
The Bible gives us clear signs regarding the end of this age. With those signs being fulfilled on every side, the days of business as usual have gone away.
These are not ordinary times. Lethal strains of Islam, a primary destabilizing force in the world, have now taken over large portions of once-Christian Europe. Tensions in the Middle East cannot be contained there. They threaten to explode into a third world war. Meanwhile, Europe seems intent on empowering Iran - the most dangerous nation on earth.
When nuclear war looms, we can no longer afford to be obsessed with the private lives of Great Britain's royal family. As people starve in Yemen, most Christians don't even realize it's happening. But many can tell you exactly what the Kardashians are up to.
Wealthy countries around the world are raising a generation with an unprecedented number of emotionally stunted individuals. Many of them can't look one another in the eye, don't have the patience to read books, and live their lives within the confines of a video screen small enough to fit in a pocket.
I'm not saying we should make the world's problems the constant focus of our attention. But I am saying that we need to be aware, and realize that we can't go on with business as usual. More than ever, we need to draw close to the Lord. We need to change our focus from worldly trivialities to things eternal.
Nehemiah 8:10 says, "The joy of the Lord is your strength" - not football, or the latest must-see TV show. I'm not condemning football or other forms of entertainment, but we can't be obsessed with them. Those things will not give you strength in troubled times.
Philippians 4:8 says, "Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."
What can we dwell on that is always "true... honorable... right... pure... lovely... of good repute..." along with excellent and praiseworthy? Perhaps the question is not "what," but "Who." Only Jesus. Keep Him at the center of your thoughts. Isaiah 26:3 says, "You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You."
In times like these, we need to draw close to Him. Business as usual is over. The world cries out for the answer that we have in Jesus. We will not give them that Answer by mirroring their actions and attitudes. The time is short. Let's focus our thoughts on Him, talk about Him, and let Him keep our minds in perfect peace.
How do you keep your mind on Christ? Ask Him to help. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
Daily Jot: Church goers winking at corruption - Bill Wilson - www.dailyjot.com
The Florida election system obviously is broken. Checks and balances are failed, exposing an entire organized and taxpayer-funded cabal of election manipulation and fraud. Sadly, the Florida system has a high probability as being the model for many other states because a powerful political party is behind it-the Democratic Party. A well-organized system of voter registration, post-election ballot submission, corrupt local and federal judges, and the will to cheat and to accuse others of voter repression all add up to a banana-republic style of election fraud. Part of the problem here is that there are church-goers who could put an end to this corruption by taking a stand against these unethical practices.
As reported by USA Today Network and the Naples Daily News, the layers of corruption in Florida are astonishing. Florida Democratic officials altered election forms with voters to "fix signature problems" on absentee ballots after the state's legal deadline. Then after the election when the initial results were known, the Democratic Party officials encouraged people to send those ballots in to be counted. When caught with the scheme, they went to a Democratic Party appointed Federal Judge, and he ruled to allow the ballots to be counted in the official vote counts. Then, to seal the corruption, Democratic Party leaders accused Republicans of voter suppression and racism because they do not want all votes to be counted.
Every time there is an effort to purge the voter rolls of the deceased the Democratic Party leadership screams voter suppression and accuses Republicans of trying to reinstate Jim Crow Laws. Let's remember that Jim Crow laws were written, enacted, practiced and enforced by southern white Democrats during the 19thand 20thcenturies. They were a series of laws targeting black people on the basis of "separate but equal." These laws prevented blacks from eating at white-owned restaurants, drinking from the same water fountains as whites, going to the same schools as whites, and severely discouraged political participation and voting by blacks. Segregated schools were ruled unconstitutional in 1954. The laws were mostly reversed with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which only passed by Republican support.
Democratic Party leadership, since before the Civil War and continuing today, finds ways to manipulate votes- having others to vote on behalf of the dead, suppressing the black vote, encouraging illegals to vote, doctoring absentee ballots, and the list goes on. When Republicans protest, the Democratic Party leadership accuses Republicans of racism and voter suppression. This is the system and to the extent judges are in on it, the scheme is funded by all of us. Anyone with any sense of morality should be ashamed of the Democratic Party's shenanigans. Recent surveys show that some 68% of those voting Democrat never attend church. Ephesians 5:11 says to, "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather expose them." Woe to those 32% who do go to church and turn their heads the other way.
Daily Devotion: The Ultimate Sacrifice - By Greg Laurie -
And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. -Genesis 22:10
There was Isaac, lying on the altar. Abraham raised up the knife, prepared to sacrifice his son, when suddenly "the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, 'Abraham, Abraham! . . . Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me'" (Genesis 22:11-12 NKJV).
Notice the Bible doesn't say it was an angel of the Lord. It says it was the Angel of the Lord. Who commanded Abraham to sacrifice his son? God did. Yet this Angel said, "You have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me" (emphasis added).
I don't think this was an angel; I think this was Jesus stepping in and telling Abraham to stop. This is called a Christophany, which is an appearance of Jesus in the Old Testament. We know that Christ preexisted before Bethlehem, because He is part of the Godhead. He has always been, just like the Father and the Holy Spirit.
Periodically He appeared in the Old Testament, and I think this is one of those appearances when He stepped in and told Abraham not to sacrifice his son Isaac. Yet when Jesus went to the cross, there was no last reprieve. He took the knife-the wrath of God. There was no stopping the full impact of God's wrath, which came in full force upon Jesus Christ, who died on the cross in our place. This is because God loves us. God was effectively saying, "I love you so much that I'm willing to sacrifice My own Son on the cross so you can enter into a relationship with Me."
Do you have this relationship with God right now?
FROM THE HEART
IF YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED THROUGH THIS MINISTRY, THEN WE ASK THAT YOU WOULD PLEASE REMEMBER PROPHECY UPDATE IN YOUR GIVING - WE ARE TRULY, TRULY, THANKFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Prophecy Update has no corporate sponsors. This ministry is paid for and prayed for by readers and supporters. Without your support, there would be no Prophecy Update, Please pray about becoming a monthly supporter - thanks!
If ever there was a time to invest in God's Kingdom, it's now!
What on earth are you doing for Heaven's Sake?
"Share in the Blessings and Rewards that will last Forever!"
"Folks, it's all beginning to unravel. America is in more danger of falling than at any time in its history. But I believe Bible prophecy predicts this very decline. From this point on, we believers have to get serious. We are going to face discouragement, disillusionment and, most certainly, persecution in the time between now and the Rapture. But don't be discouraged or disillusioned. The coming turmoil will provide us unrivaled opportunities to share the good news of the Gospel. So be ready to share your faith and your hope with those who need Christ. We still have time to reap a great harvest of souls for God's kingdom!" - Hal Lindsey
1) We need your prayers!- We proclaim the Truth of the Word of God and we are under constant spiritual and sometimes even physical attack.
2) We need your encouragement!- We need to hear from you, let us know how the Lord is blessing you through this ministry so that we can share it with others.
3) We need your input! - If you have a prophetic article or story or if there is a news related item we missed, let us know.
4) We need your financial support!- To put it quite simply, without your support, there would be no Prophecy Update.
I ask that you would prayerfully consider partnering with us to get the Word out and keep the world informed. Remember, your gift, no matter how small, does make a difference! You will be helping to touch lives, around the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, thanks to the internet your generosity carries a global impact! - Thanks!
Our Prayer for You- "Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else." 2 Corinthians 9:10-13
Prophecy Update is a 501 (c) (3) tax exempt - non-profit organization, and all your donations are tax deductible.
If you have been blessed by Prophecy Update and would like to help support this ministry financially. You can make a secure donation online by going to:
Or Visit our website:
Or write us at:
P.O. Box 40516
Bakersfield, CA 93384-0516