Prophecy Update Newsletter
IN TODAY'S NEWSLETTER...
The Scriptures Are Amazing - By Daymond Duck - https://www.raptureready.com/2020/12/13/the-scriptures-are-amazing-by-daymond-duck/
This article has a few current events, but it is mostly about showing that the Scriptures are amazing.
First, here are four amazing things that happened on the exact day that the Bible said they would happen when Jesus came the first time:
· From the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem to the Triumphal Entry of Messiah, there were 173,880 days (69 Weeks of years or 483 years; Dan. 9:25; Neh. 2:1-8).
· From the Triumphal Entry of Jesus as the Lamb of God (Isa. 53) to the death of Jesus as the Lamb of God on Passover, there were 5 days (Nisan 10 to Nisan 14; John 12:1, 12).
· From the death of Jesus on Passover to the resurrection of Jesus on the Feast of First Fruits, there were 3 days (Matt. 16:21; 17:23; 20:19).
· From the resurrection of Jesus on the Feast of First Fruits to the beginning of the Church on Pentecost, there were 50 days (Lev. 23:15-16).
· No one but God could reveal in writing the exact day that these events would happen before they happened.
Second, here are some amazing facts regarding Bible prophecy (Jesus not only told us to watch for His Second Coming, He also gave us some things to watch for):
· Nebuchadnezzar’s dream of a great statue (Dan. 2) is a Gentile timeline from Babylon to the Second Coming and Millennial Kingdom, and history has moved from the top of the head to the beginning of the toes on the statue (near the end of the feet; EU, USMCA, etc.).
· Jesus told us to watch Israel, and for 1,878 years (70 A.D. to 1948) there was no nation of Israel to watch, but our generation can watch Israel.
· Jesus said the generation that sees Israel growing will not pass away until everything is fulfilled, and our generation has been watching Israel grow for 72 years (Matt. 24:34).
· Gabriel told Daniel that the Antichrist will rise to power in a reunited Europe, and Europe has been reunited (the EU; Dan. 9:26).
· Daniel said Ten kings will rise before the Antichrist appears, and the WEF wants to replace the U.S. with a handful of nations perhaps as soon as 2021 (Dan. 7:7-8, 24).
· Gabriel said the Tribulation Period will begin when the Antichrist confirms a covenant with many, and it looks like many nations will make a covenant with Israel soon (Dan. 9:27).
· The world government will be anti-God, and the Democrats left God out of their party platform (Rev. 13:4-6).
· The world government will reject the Scriptures, and there has been a relentless effort to bring down the heads of the only two nations (Israel and the U.S.) that were founded on the Scriptures.
· The Antichrist will be supported by a False Prophet, and Pope Francis supports world government and world religion (Rev. 13).
· God said Russia, Iran, Turkey, and others will attack Israel in the latter days and latter years, and it looks like this could happen soon (Ezek. 38:8, 16).
· There will be a system that will let everyone on earth see the resurrection of the Two Witnesses and the Second Coming of Jesus, and that system is being put in place by Elon Musk now (Rev. 11:9-12).
· Capitalism will be done away with under a world government, and there will be a meeting next May to discuss the end of capitalism (Biden supports the end of capitalism).
· There will be a world government after the Rapture, and the UN plans to have a world government up and running by 2030 (World government is why the effort to remove Trump has been so strong and unrelenting).
· The Jewish Temple will exist during the Tribulation Period, and the recent peace treaties between Israel, Bahrain and the UAE say all faiths should be allowed to worship on the Temple Mount.
Third, it is possible (emphasis on possible) that Peter said the Church will be here 2,000 years.
· Peter was a student of the Old Testament, and it is obvious that Peter was familiar with the prophet Joel’s writings (Joel 2:28-29).
· In the book of Acts, Luke wrote, “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2:1-4).
· A crowd gathered, and some accused Peter and the others of being drunk, “But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy” (Acts 2:13-18).
· Was Peter talking about 24-hour days, or 1,000-year days? What did Peter mean when he said we are in the last days?
· Know that it was Peter that said, “Beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day” (II Pet. 3:8).
· This is partly why some early Church leaders (Irenaeus, Justin Martyr, and others) believed the Church Age would last for 2,000 years (2 God-Days on the Gentile calendar).
· The 2,000 years are almost up, and our generation is seeing all of the prophecies coming on the scene.
Fourth, here are some amazing things that show that the Tribulation Period is shaping up:
· The rider on the white horse is the Antichrist, and he will bring in a world government through deceit (Rev. 6:1-2), and the U.S. election could be an effort to bring in a world government through deceit.
· The rider on the black horse is hyper-inflation and economic collapse (Rev. 6:5-6), and trillion-dollar stimulus packages are leading the U.S. toward hyper-inflation and economic collapse.
· The rider on the pale horse is global pestilence, hunger and more (Rev. 6:7-8), and the lockdowns are attributed to global pestilence, and they are leading to record levels of hunger.
· The Antichrist and False Prophet will force everyone to take a Mark (Rev. 13:14-18), and Biden plans to force everyone to wear a mask starting on Jan. 21, 2021, and Bill Gates wants to force everyone to be tattooed (take a mark) when they are vaccinated for Covid.
· The Antichrist and False Prophet will deny those that refuse to take the Mark the right to buy and sell, and some politicians want to deny those that refuse to be vaccinated the right to buy and sell.
· The Antichrist and False Prophet will track the buying and selling of everyone on earth, and some politicians have suggested that the government use “contact tracing” to track everyone that tests positive for Covid.
· Some prophecy teachers believe the Antichrist and False Prophet will establish a cashless society, and some globalists want to establish a digital currency (cashless society).
· The Antichrist and False Prophet will outlaw freedom of religion, and some politicians are outlawing freedom of religion.
Here are two other things that fit into the “For Your Information Category”:
One, here are four things that must happen before the Tribulation Period (do not assume that the last three must happen before the Rapture).
· The Rapture (II Thess. 2:5-10).
· The rise of the Ten Kings (Dan. 7:7-8, 24).
· The appearance of Elijah as one of the Two Witnesses (Mal. 4:5-6).
· Confirmation of the covenant with many (Dan. 9:27).
Two, here are three things that God said will happen on an exact day in the future:
· From Antichrist’s confirmation of the covenant that begins the Tribulation Period to the end of the Tribulation Period and the Second Coming of Jesus, there will be one week of years (7 years on the Jewish calendar) or 2,520 days (Dan. 9:27).
· From the confirmation of the covenant until the Jews in Judea flee into the wilderness, there will be 1,260 days.
· From the beginning of Jesus’ kingdom on earth (Millennial reign) to the end of the Millennium, there will be 1,000 years (Rev. 20:4).
Now, here are four events with prophetic implications that recently made the news:
One, concerning an economic collapse, some Democrats are proposing a Universal Basic Income (UBI; people that support the government will get a monthly check, but those that do not support the government will not get a monthly check).
It is beginning to look like some politicians (Democrats and Republicans, but mostly Democrats) are using the lockdown with no science behind it on small businesses that are obeying the rules to crush them (employers and employees) and to force them to depend on the government for handouts to control them.
On Dec. 6, 2020, it was reported that the Director of Medicine at Stanford and more than 43,000 learned scientists believe some politicians are creating “a medical police state.”
America’s debt has now topped 27 trillion dollars, and it is unlikely that future generations will be able to pay it back.
Two, in response to my statement that I believe there has been widespread election fraud, I have received two e-mails telling me that Atty. Gen. Bill Barr said the DOJ has not found any fraud.
That is a distortion of what he said, and even if it was accurate, how can we trust the DOJ after the way it has handled the Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden investigations and spied on and trapped Michael Flynn.
While this article was being written, one Republican congressman was accusing the DOJ of hindering the voter fraud investigation.
If citizens are to believe what the DOJ officials say, many of them need to clean up their act.
Because officials in Democrat-run cities and states have allowed criminals to riot, loot and burn without consequences, there is no reason to believe those officials would not allow voter fraud without consequences.
Three, on Dec. 3, 2020, the U.S. Dept. of Defense introduced a vaccination card that people can carry in their wallet to show that they have been vaccinated for Covid.
Those vaccination cards could eventually lead to a Quantum Dot tattoo (Mark).
Four, on Nov. 30, 2020, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former head of the FDA, said 30% of the U.S. population will probably be infected with Covid by the end of 2020.
Please take notice: If the Scriptures are accurate, and they are, that includes everything in them: heaven, hell, only one way to be saved, resurrection of the dead, and more.
Jesus said you must be born again (John 3:7), and the number of prophecy teachers that believe society is running out of time is growing larger and larger.
Finally, God loves you, and if you have not done so, sincerely admit that you are a sinner; believe that Jesus is the virgin-born, sinless Son of God who died for the sins of the world, was buried, and raised from the dead; ask Him to forgive your sins, cleanse you, come into your heart and be your Saviour; then tell someone that you have done this.
Prophecy Plus Ministries, Inc.
The Israel-Iran shadow war locks in on southeastern Syria - https://www.debka.com/the-israel-iran-shadow-war-locks-in-on-southeastern-syria/
In the last weeks of the Trump administration, Israel is fast-tracking the military drive to push Iran and its helpers back from their advance on southern Syria and the Golan border. The IDF is urged to hurry up in case the Biden administration decides that Iran’s presence in Syria need not be addressed by the US in a potential renegotiated nuclear deal with Tehran.
Iran is using the uncertain transition period to advance on the Syrian-Israel Golan border by infiltrating and hiding behind Syrian army positions in the southern Syrian provinces of Deraa, Quneitra and Sweida. The Iranians are also practicing clandestine tactics on the Syrian Golan with the help of a special Hizballah unit and dozens of local armed groups and soldiers, taking advantage of the overall chaos prevailing in the region.
The IDF is hitting back by expanding the targets of its air strikes to include the Syrian regime army positions hosting or covering Iranian Revolutionary Guards or Shiite militia forces in the south and the east.
The success of the IDF’s ramped-up operations to counter Iran’s strategy was indicated by IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi in an end-of-year summary last Thursday, Dec. 10. “Iran has begun cutting back on its military presence in Syria as a result of our operations,’ he said, “but there is still a long way to go before the job is done.” The tempo and quality of Israeli strikes against Iranian assets in Syria, including kinetic operations, the general said, have been enhanced this year, along with more numerous covert and clandestine missions.”
Iran had also significantly stalled its cargo airlift for smuggling weapons into Syria, Gen. Kochavi revealed. This came as a result of the destruction by aerial bombardments in recent months of vast quantities of advanced weaponry, that were to have been handed over to Iran’s proxy, Hizballah, for using in Lebanon as a convenient forward base for attacking Israel.
To escape Israel’s air strikes, Iran has moved its bases, camps and headquarters out of the line of Israeli fire around Damascus towards the northern and eastern parts of Syria. Iranian forces have also been drawn down. Hizballah and Syrian armed units have been left to anchor Iran’s presence in the south. Moreover, reported IDF air strikes on IRGC positions at Abu Kamal in eastern Syria on the sensitive border with Iraq showed Israel to be undeterred by the proximity of US bases.
Tehran is acting on the assumption that Israel is intent on provoking a major clash to provide Donald Trump with justification for clobbering Iran or its interests in the waning days of his presidency. Tehran is therefore at pains to avoid overt or extreme response to the intensified IDF campaign. Its presence in South Syria is denied except for “a few advisers.” Reported casualties are dismissed as “Zionist propaganda.”
The IDF is using Tehran’s caution to seriously bludgeon its assets and collaborators in Syria for the purpose of driving home Israel’s determination to drive them out.
The number of Americans that are depressed or considering suicide has soared because of the COVID lockdowns - by Michael Snyder - http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/the-number-of-americans-that-are-depressed-or-considering-suicide-has-soared-because-of-the-covid-lockdowns/
As we head into winter, health authorities are telling us to stay at home as much as possible and to keep contact with others at a minimum. They are telling us that we must do this for our own good, but the truth is that the mental health of the American people has been absolutely devastated by the various restrictions that have been imposed since the COVID pandemic first began. Coming into this year, suicide was at an all-time record high in the United States and more Americans were on anti-depressants than ever before. Unfortunately, the COVID lockdowns have made things even worse. The following is an excerpt from a study that was released just a few days ago…
The unfolding of the current coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the worst global public health crisis in recent history, has caused unprecedented medical, social, and economic upheaval across the globe, and inflicted profound psychological pain on many people. The rapid spread of this highly contagious disease resulted in a host of mental health consequences: feelings of uncertainty, sleep disturbances, anxiety, distress, and depression. The wide adoption of restrictive measures, although helpful in controlling the spread of the virus, inevitably resulted in psychological and financial costs that may have long-term psychological sequelae.
A lot of people will never be the same again after this.
Health authorities insist that the lockdowns are helping to prevent the spread of the virus, but they are also crippling people emotionally. If you doubt this, just consider the following numbers which come directly from the CDC’s own website…
The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has been associated with mental health challenges related to the morbidity and mortality caused by the disease and to mitigation activities, including the impact of physical distancing and stay-at-home orders.* Symptoms of anxiety disorder and depressive disorder increased considerably in the United States during April–June of 2020, compared with the same period in 2019 (1,2). To assess mental health, substance use, and suicidal ideation during the pandemic, representative panel surveys were conducted among adults aged ≥18 years across the United States during June 24–30, 2020. Overall, 40.9% of respondents reported at least one adverse mental or behavioral health condition, including symptoms of anxiety disorder or depressive disorder (30.9%), symptoms of a trauma- and stressor-related disorder (TSRD) related to the pandemic† (26.3%), and having started or increased substance use to cope with stress or emotions related to COVID-19 (13.3%). The percentage of respondents who reported having seriously considered suicide in the 30 days before completing the survey (10.7%) was significantly higher among respondents aged 18–24 years (25.5%), minority racial/ethnic groups (Hispanic respondents [18.6%], non-Hispanic black [black] respondents [15.1%]), self-reported unpaid caregivers for adults§ (30.7%), and essential workers¶ (21.7%).
I was absolutely stunned when I read that more than a quarter of all Americans aged 18 to 24 had “seriously considered suicide” in the last 30 days.
That is more than one-fourth!
Sadly, a lot of young people are acting out those thoughts. Over one six week period, one county in Pennsylvania had hundreds of patients come in due to “self-injury or suicidal thoughts”…
It’s not just physical ailments as emergency departments are also being bombarded with the emotional fallout from the pandemic. Over a six-week period this summer in Montgomery County, 400 people went to hospitals because of self-injury or suicidal thoughts.
Young children are being deeply affected emotionally by the COVID pandemic as well.
This week, a brand new study was released in the UK that found “children’s depression symptoms have increased substantially” due to the lockdowns…
A new study by researchers at the University of Cambridge finds that the government-imposed lockdowns in response to the coronavirus pandemic cause significant harm to children’s mental health. The study, published this week in the Archives of Disease in Childhood, was the first of its kind to analyze data on younger children’s mental health before and during the first lockdown in the United Kingdom last spring.
Following 168 children between the ages of 7 ½ and 11 ½, the researchers conclude: “During the UK lockdown, children’s depression symptoms have increased substantially, relative to before lockdown. The scale of this effect has direct relevance for the continuation of different elements of lockdown policy, such as complete or partial school closures.”
What we are putting our children through is inexcusable.
Just the other day, a family was kicked off a flight and banned from United Airlines forever because a two-year-old child did not want to wear a mask.
This is how crazy our society has already become.
And if we can’t handle the COVID pandemic, what are we going to do when global events really start to spiral out of control?
The mental health of Americans was already the worst it had ever been coming into this year, and now people are literally having major meltdowns all around us.
Interestingly, according to one recent survey there is one group of people “that did not experience a mental health decline in 2020”…
According to a Gallup Poll released on Monday, frequent church attendees were the only group in the U.S. that did not experience a mental health decline in 2020.
Gallup has conducted its November Health and Healthcare Survey annually since 2001. The 2020 results show 34% of Americans consider their mental health “excellent,” and 76% consider their mental health “excellent/good,” both are all-time lows.
But of course you never heard that reported by the big corporate news networks did you?
That is because they only want to do negative stories about Christians. Stories about moral failures of prominent Christians fit their anti-Christian agenda, but anything that is even remotely positive about Christians does not.
The average American watches approximately five hours of television a day, and more than 90 percent of what we watch on television is controlled by just 6 giant corporations.
If you allow anyone to pump propaganda into your mind for five hours each day, it is going to dramatically affect the way that you view the world, and there is a good chance that you will end up depressed and/or suicidal.
There is hope, but it isn’t in what the world is offering. I once wrote an entire book about why people can have hope in these troubled times, but most people have been so brainwashed into running after what the world is offering that they don’t want to listen to the truth.
Sadly, even more people are going to plunge into a state of depression and even more people are going to commit suicide as we move into 2021 and beyond.
Everything that can be shaken is going to be shaken, and most people are not going to be able to handle it when our society literally melts down all around them.
Archaeologists May Have Found Jesus' Childhood Home in Nazareth - Emily Jones - https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/2020/december/archaeologists-may-have-found-jesus-childhood-home-in-nazareth
Just beneath a French convent in Nazareth sits the remains of what is believed to be one of the most important “lost” Byzantine churches in the Holy Land – the Church of the Nutrition. Dig a little deeper and you will find a humble, first-century house archaeologists say could be the very home where Jesus grew up.
Prof. Ken Dark, from the University of Reading, has spent more than a decade studying the stone-carved dwelling beneath the Sisters of Nazareth convent. He said the site was first suggested as Jesus’ boyhood home in the 19th century, but this was later dismissed in the 1930s. The site was largely overlooked by archaeologists, until 2006, when Dark initiated a project to study the cave-church and the ancient house beneath it. He details his findings in his book, The Sisters of Nazareth Convent.
“What I claim to have found is the Byzantine Church of the Nutrition,” Dark told CBN News. “That is to say it is a very famous Byzantine pilgrimage church known from written evidence to have stood in the center of Nazareth to have been built over a crypt containing what the Byzantines believed was the house where Jesus had been brought up. The house of the ‘nutrition,’ meaning the nurturing or upbringing of Christ.”
Dark believes the cave-church is the one mentioned by the Christian pilgrim Egeria, who wrote a detailed account of her visit to the Holy Land in the 380s. The Byzantine complex could also be the one referenced in the writings of the Irish pilgrim and monk Adomnán.
While no one can say for sure the ancient house beneath the Byzantine church belonged to Mary and Joseph, Byzantine Christians believed it had religious significance.
“I’m confident to say the Byzantines thought this was Jesus’ childhood home,” he said. “The fact that it is probably [from the ]first century and it does seem to be a domestic building, a house, does raise the intriguing possibility that [it] really was.”
Researchers still don’t know why specifically the early Christians thought the house was special before building a church over it.
“We don’t know why the Byzantines thought it was. They might very well have had some genuine tradition,” Dark explained. “It's also possible they were mistaken in some way.”
However, he said it is “impossible” for archaeology to prove the Byzantines wrong and there is strong evidence they were right.
The house is well preserved and whoever built it had excellent knowledge of how to work with stone, Dark explained. Joseph is described in the New Testament as a craftsman or carpenter, meaning he likely knew how to work with stone.
Yardenna Alexandre, an archaeologist working for the Israel Antiquities Authority said, “In 2009 and 2010 I excavated a small site in the Chemin Neuf International Mary Centre in central Nazareth, close to the site examined by Prof. Ken Dark. At the site that I excavated, remains of an Early Roman house were uncovered, probably part of the Early Roman Jewish village of Nazareth, where Jesus is considered to have been brought up. I have visited the site beneath the Sisters of Nazareth Convent, but unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to visit with Prof Dark himself, nor to see all the finds.”
Alexandre is very interested in Dark’s work but believes more scientific research needs to be done.
“This site is also located very close to the present-day Basilica, the area that is generally accepted as the ancient core of the small Roman-period Jewish village. Here, a Roman burial cave was exposed, as well as various building remains. The possibility of dating the building remains with certainty was impeded by the fact that the site was dug in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries by the resident nuns, and not as a scientific excavation, preventing a reliable affiliation of the pottery remains, essential for dating, with the specific building remains. Thus, whereas the cave is Roman (by style), the building remains could possibly be earlier, or even later. It is unlikely that the simple Jewish village population lived in a house on top, or underneath, a Jewish burial cave. In order to determine the accurate dating of the domestic building remains, it would be necessary to carry out a new scientific excavation in the very nearby vicinity.”
Dark said future technology could reveal more information about the site, but he is certain many early Christians believed it to be the home of their Savior.
Daily Jot: Be careful what you seek – Bill Wilson – www.dailyjot.com
There are a lot of opinions and emails firing about that imply President Trump has the authority through an executive order to use emergency powers to overturn the election results, and many conservatives and Christians think that’s OK. It’s not. For a president to take such an action would be equivalent to a totalitarian dictatorship, and set precedents that in the wrong hands would be very detrimental to this nation and its citizens. There are not any “emergency” powers that directly overturn elections. There are laws in place to ensure election integrity and all means of accountability through the courts and the processes that must be exhausted as a right of redress. Otherwise, we open the nation to tyranny.
Executive Order 13848 issued by President Trump on September 12, 2018 declares a national emergency to deal with “the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States constituted by the threat of foreign interference in or undermining public confidence in United States elections.” The “state of emergency” was renewed in September. This executive order does not call for the president to declare martial law, as some have suggested, to stop the overthrow of the nation by unscrupulous Democrats through their fraudulent election tactics. And you wouldn’t want him to have that power anyway, because if Trump has it, so does Joe Biden or say, Kamala Harris.
The executive order requires the Director of National Intelligence to submit to the Attorney General and Secretary of Homeland Security an assessment of foreign interference in US elections within 45 days of the election. The Attorney General and Secretary of Homeland Security then have 45 days to determine the extent of any foreign interference in US elections. To the extent of any interference, a wide range of sanctions can be applied. To make the assessment, the authorities have the ability to seize property and bank accounts of foreign operatives or those assisting them. This could include the seizure of voting machines owned by foreign entities and operated by US citizens.
Having said that, this executive order is not authority to somehow magically overturn the elections. It is a forensic mechanism to investigate foreign interference and to apply sanctions. Currently, there are many lawsuits making their way through the courts. State Legislators are holding hearings. Investigations are taking place. These are all part of the process. And despite a media which is abusing its First Amendment rights by propagandizing and repressing the evidence of election fraud, the election challenges are moving forward. We must be careful, however, not to press for precedent-setting emergency powers that overturn elections and keep people in office. That is tyranny. Let us seek the truth in these matters. As Jesus said in John 8:32, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” And, hopefully, keep us free.
Daily Devotion: Redeemed Life, Redeemed Name - by Greg Laurie – www.harvest.org
He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. —Luke 1:32
https://harvest.org/resources/devotion/redeemed-life-redeemed-name/ - Listen
During Jesus’s earthly ministry, people identified him as Jesus, the son of David. The angel Gabriel announced to Mary, “You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David” (Luke 1:31–32 NLT).
And Bartimaeus, who was blind, called out to Jesus, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” (Mark 10:47 NLT). David not only was part of Jesus’s family tree, but he also was the most important member of it (other than Jesus Himself).
The Bible dedicates a lot of ink to David’s life and exploits. He’s uniquely called “a man after [God’s] own heart” (1 Samuel 13:14 NLT). God plucked him out of obscurity and directed the prophet Samuel to anoint him to replace the wicked King Saul.
David was the greatest of all of the kings of Israel. We know about his victories, including the defeat of Goliath, a massive giant of a man.
We also know about his horrible failure with Bathsheba, identified in Matthew’s genealogy as the wife of Uriah (see 1:6 NKJV). David committed adultery with Bathsheba, and he tried to cover it up. That didn’t work, and so he effectively had Bathsheba’s husband killed in battle.
You could sum up David’s name with two other names: Goliath (his greatest victory) and Bathsheba (his worst defeat). Yet David makes it into the most exclusive genealogy in all of human history.
Even after all the mistakes David made, he was part of this exclusive genealogy. Talk about the redemption of a life and a name. God redeemed David despite his shortcomings.
In the same way, God can redeem your life. And He can redeem your name as well.
FROM THE HEART
IF YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED THROUGH THIS MINISTRY, THEN WE ASK THAT YOU WOULD PLEASE REMEMBER PROPHECY UPDATE IN YOUR GIVING - WE ARE TRULY, TRULY, THANKFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Prophecy Update has no corporate sponsors. This ministry is paid for and prayed for by readers and supporters. Without your support, there would be no Prophecy Update, Please pray about becoming a monthly supporter - thanks!
If ever there was a time to invest in God's Kingdom, it's now!
What on earth are you doing for Heaven's Sake?
"Share in the Blessings and Rewards that will last Forever!"
"Folks, it's all beginning to unravel. America is in more danger of falling than at any time in its history. But I believe Bible prophecy predicts this very decline. From this point on, we believers have to get serious. We are going to face discouragement, disillusionment and, most certainly, persecution in the time between now and the Rapture. But don't be discouraged or disillusioned. The coming turmoil will provide us unrivaled opportunities to share the good news of the Gospel. So be ready to share your faith and your hope with those who need Christ. We still have time to reap a great harvest of souls for God's kingdom!" - Hal Lindsey
1) We need your prayers!- We proclaim the Truth of the Word of God and we are under constant spiritual and sometimes even physical attack.
2) We need your encouragement!- We need to hear from you, let us know how the Lord is blessing you through this ministry so that we can share it with others.
3) We need your input! - If you have a prophetic article or story or if there is a news related item we missed, let us know.
4) We need your financial support!- To put it quite simply, without your support, there would be no Prophecy Update.
I ask that you would prayerfully consider partnering with us to get the Word out and keep the world informed. Remember, your gift, no matter how small, does make a difference! You will be helping to touch lives, around the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, thanks to the internet your generosity carries a global impact! - Thanks!
Our Prayer for You- "Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else." 2 Corinthians 9:10-13
If you have been blessed by Prophecy Update and would like to help support this ministry financially. You can make a secure donation online by going to:
Or Visit our website:
Or write us at:
P.O. Box 40516
Bakersfield, CA 93384-0516